A body cleanse is a detox which is a process in which a person makes lifestyle changes to clear their body of toxins. These lifestyle changes typically involve making the decision to stop smoking, drinking alcohol beverages and the use of topical and internal products containing chemicals. Toxins are any substance that can be poisonous or cause negative health effects. And a “Toxin” also refers to chemicals, pollutants, artificial food ingredients, pesticides, and the use of body products like deodorant, hair spray and soap that contain parabens, phthalates, and formaldehyde that can cause harm to our body. If you have never done a cleanse before, you want to start simple. By cutting back on sugar, empty calories and just by increasing your intake of green vegetables for a week will leave you feeling cleansed and refreshed.
- Eat less cooked food and more raw food.
- drink plenty of water with lemon.
- Load up on grains like quinoa, amaranth and millet
- Get your protein from beans, legumes, nuts and seeds.
- Limit water during meals, since it dilutes stomach acids.